Live Lecture and Webinar Reminders

Upcoming lectures

Picture of Kristin Jones
Upcoming lectures
by Kristin Jones - Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 10:47 AM

I am offering several lectures before Thanksgiving. I hope you'll consider joining! For each of these, please join by following the instructions and link on the ITA Google Calendar.  Live Lectures and Webinars –> Calendar of Online Lectures and Webinars 

• The Roots of English and English as a Global LanguageNovember 9, 11:00am Central Time. 

This lecture explores the topics of The Roots of English and English as a Global Language. We will explore etymology and teacher resources for English language roots as well as cultural and political impacts of the spread of English. Gain more insight into the topics for the first task/assignment for Week 1 of the course and also begin exploring your own personal language teaching philosophy.

• Wet Behind the Ears: Immersion Language Teaching and Early Beginners. November 14, 11:30am Central Time.

There will be times when you teach students who speak no English; you also might not speak any of their native language. This lecture explores immersion language teaching and practical advice for working with true beginners (i.e. students with almost zero exposure to English). I will also be sharing my own experiences in immersion language learning.

• Linguistics for Teachers: Part 1. November 16, 11:30am Central Time.

As a language teacher, you are already an applied linguist! This first in a two-part lecture will give you a foundation in two of the five categories of linguistics: pragmatics and semantics. We will look at how these will help you in teaching English. For current ITA students, the examples and activities of this lecture will assist you with your Chapter 6 tasks.

• Linguistics for Teachers: Part 2. November 17, 11:30am Central Time.

As a language teacher, you are already an applied linguist! This second in a two-part lecture will give you a foundation in three of the five categories of linguistics: morphology, syntax, and phonology. We will look at how these areas will help you in teaching English. For current ITA students, the examples and activities of this lecture will assist you with your Chapter 6 tasks.

If you would like to UNSUBSCRIBE from the Live Lecture and Webinar Reminders Forum, please follow these instructions - https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/67369/How-to-Unsubscribe-from-Forum.pdf.

If you have completed your TEFL Course and Practicum and would like to BE REMOVED from Moodle, please email StudentAffairs@InternationalTEFLAcademy.com.  Be sure to include your first and last name when requesting to be removed from Moodle.